Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

sunrise

My absolute favorite part about my drive to school in the morning is the beautiful sunrise painted across the sky. One day last week, there were dark clouds spanning across the sky and the sunrise was a pinkish purple color. The sun was not quite at the horizon yet, but its light was reflecting off the bottom of the clouds and it was absolutely breath-taking. As the sun continued to rise, it began shining its light on the mountains, but much of the mountain range was still in darkness. The LORD began reminding me of the verse I had read the night before in the gospel of John.

"For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been carried out in God." --John 3:20-21

The higher the sun rises in the sky, the more light penetrates the shadows and darkness of the mountains. The more I magnify the LORD in my life, the more darkness is exposed to the light. As I continue to seek the LORD, He begins to show me my weaknesses and secret sins and expose them to the light--allowing me to open up to others and let them know my struggles so that they can pray for me and hold me accountable in hopes of weeding these things out of my life.

No comments: