Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

learning, trusting, bearing fruit...

Ok so this is a follow-up to my October 12th post called "Remove the Old Stones" from the book of Leviticus. Lately, I have been reading a lot in the book of Isaiah and God has really been revealing some things to me--two things in particular that took me back to that post from a few months ago. At that time, I was struggling with some habitual sin issues and I was feeling God telling me He wanted to break me down, remove those things from my life, and build me back up on a firm foundation. These verses from Isaiah speak to where I'm at in my life right now as I really feel like God has taken me through that process of being broken down and removing the sin; and now He his beginning to build me back up on a firm foundation.

"...and this will be the full fruit of the removal of his sin: when he makes all the stones of the altars like chalkstones crushed to pieces, no Asherim or incense altars will remain standing."
--Isaiah 27:9

"...for we have made lies our refuge, and in falsehood we have taken shelter; therefore thus says the LORD God, 'Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation: Whoever believes will not be in haste."
--Isaiah 28:16

"And the surviving remnant of the house of Judah shall again take root downward and bear fruit upward."
--Isaiah 37:31

God has also been teaching me a lot about trust, and the stability and peace we find in Him...

"...You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
--Isaiah 26:3

"In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength."
--Isaiah 30:15

"Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you."
--Isaiah 30:18

"O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble...he will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is Zion's treasure."
--Isaiah 33:2,6

I just wanted to share what the LORD has been teaching me lately...I hope you were blessed!!

No comments: